Antechamber Bay is a great place for:
• Canoeing/Kayaking on the Chapman River.Kayak hire is available (2 singles, 1 double) plus lifejackets in a variety of sizes. Contact Us for more information.
• Fishing (river & beach): Bream can be caught on almost any bait in the Chapman River. Whiting can be caught off the beach year round with mullet and salmon often in abundance around Xmas and Easter. A deep-sea aquatic reserve has been proposed approximately 100m out from the shore to protect the unique underwater features in the area.
• Water activities. Antechamber bay is a safe swimming beach with minimal surf or current. It is usually deserted so you can have the whole beach to yourself!
• Walking trails including Historic, Penguin, Wallaby and Bird-watching walks
• BYO outdoor activities eg Bocce, Cricket, Volleyball, Bikes etc
• Visiting the Dudley Peninsula tourist attractions, eg Sunset Winery & Cape Willoughby Lighthouse
• If you have a 4wd it is even possible to launch a small dinghy into the Bay from just down the beach. Contact Us if you need more information on this.
You will need a few days to a week to explore and experience all the Island has to offer –
Remember, you need a day or two to stay and explore the Bay, reflect on all you have seen or just to admire our views!
See the Around K.I. page for more things to see and do around this beautiful holiday island.